Saturday, March 24, 2012

Creativity - Guitar: Stage performance - preparations start! (March, 2012)

March was a rigorous month for me as it was full of school assignment deadlines, test dates, and major project due dates. Amidst this pressure, I saved time to practice guitar at least two times a week for half an hour. With my commitment and dedication towards learning this instrument and fulfilling my passion, I improved in most of the guitar techniques and strengthened my playing skills. I attended all Saturday hourly sessions punctually and showed my improvement to my teacher as well. He was able to help me in analyzing my new strengths and recognizing areas of improvement

Other than that, another class stage performance will be coming in a few months time. Hence, I, with my classmates, practiced 8 new songs that will be performed with chord progressions and the strumming technique. They are:
  • Unchained melody
  • Always on my mind
  • Nobody knows you when you're down and out
  • It keeps rainin'
  • Night shift
  • Hotel California
  • New Kid in Town
  • Knocking on Heaven's Door
Other than these, I have been memorizing chord scales such as C Major, G Major and D Major.

I will also be performing 3 classical notations. These are:

  • Purple Blues
  • Boogie Blues
  • A moderate shuffle blues tune (No name)
I have also been practicing classical notations such as Apache, Rasputin and Scarborough Fair.

Overall, I feel that I have practiced and done well this month. I hope to continue this next month as well and improve further by increasing practice during the April break! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment