Monday, February 25, 2013

Guitar - February 2013 - Always a joy

My guitar classes had temporarily come to a halt during the January examination period. However, after the exams, I have regularly attended my classes and continued independent practice. All my 1 hour class sessions were extended by a minimum of 30 minutes each for continuation of practice and this reflected my perseverance towards achieving my goal of becoming a fluent guitarist.

While the initial two classes this month were dedicated to practicing previouslty learnt skills on the same songs, the most recent classes were focused on developing new skills. These mainly included new classical guitar fingering and strumming techniques. As music is only limited by a man's creativity and ingenuity, there can potentially exist an infinite number of rhythm techniques which relate to a large variety of strumming patterns. I learnt three different strumming techniques and I practiced them with the pieces of musics namely 'Podmoskovnye vechera', 'Romanza' and 'Barcarolle'. I am also working on memorizing 7-8 guitar scales in order to increase my knowledge. However, this will take time not only due to the nature of tasks related to memorization, however, also (and mainly) because of my academic commitments in this last lap of my school career.

I feel that I am on track for achieving my semester and year goals. However, I feel that next month I must record some videos of myself playing music on guitar in order to create records of my development since the beginning of my guitar classes around one and a half years ago.

I am looking forward to guitar classes in March now. However, my independent practice continues irrespective of class timings.

No comments:

Post a Comment