Monday, April 30, 2012

Creativity - Guitar (April, 2012)

Guitar was quite special this month. The classes this month were both 2 hour sessions in the first two weekends due to the important Vesak break in the country. I have been consistent in practicing my guitar skills and also punctual at attending all classes. In the recent classes, I have been learning and practicing a new blues tune. Its notation is given below.

I have succeeded in being able to read, understand and play the music fluently now. However, after listening to the original song, and as advised by my teacher, I need to improve in learning the various unique aspects of playing blues using classical notation. These include stretching notes at the end, improvising, and the use of tremolo. I have yet to learn all three of these and thus, I will be starting these next month. However, I have started to practice and learn these on my own using online tutorials, and have succeeded to an extent. I have to still gain speed in it though. Hence, I have been able to challenge myself by identifying areas of growth and working on them.

I am looking forward to continuing guitar practice in a similar fashion with new things to learn next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment