Saturday, September 29, 2012

Action - Badminton continues...

I believe that badminton is my most consistent activity. For the last one and a half years, I have regularly attended weekly sessions with my brother and played against many relatively more experienced players (with relatively few exceptions). My commitment to this activity is fueled by my passion for badminton and sports. 

August and September have been very special months for me in terms of badminton. I attended all my sessions punctually during this time, except for the one on 23rd September due to Extended Essay works. By spending much time over summer, I had further improved many skills and developed new skills in variation and fake shots. Thus, in these months, I mostly played very rigorous matches against strong, agile and physically fit players. I was successful in posing a challenge, however, not very consistent in winning the matches. By reflecting upon my play, I have identified my strengths and areas of growth. My strengths are being committed and skillful, i.e. playing smartly and nicely responding to my opponents shots in both offensive and defensive manners. On the other hand, my strength and agility can be further improved through more practice and more action. Thus, I intend to continue my sessions in a similar fashion!

Below are a few photographs taken during the badminton session on 1st September.

Me playing a backhand shot.

The scorpion position is very important for agility in the game.

Reaching for a drop shot. (I am on the opposite side of the court.)

Placement helps me to easily tire 'easier' opponents.

Victory!

Me serving in a doubles match against more experienced players.

Hitting a cross-court smash!

No comments:

Post a Comment