Saturday, September 29, 2012

Creativity - ¡La Guitarraǃ

After spending much time in the summer to learn reading music notes, I have now become quite fluent and am able to play music without numbering/labeling. Also, I practiced playing the guitar quite regularly in August and September. This was partially because of my excitement to play my first personal guitar (I used to share my brother’s guitar earlier).

In my classes during these two months with Mr. Netaji, I started to learn two new classical songs. These were: an anonymous waltz tune and ‘Speak Softly Love’, i.e. the theme from the movie series Godfather. Other than these, I have been practicing my previous notations and many strumming songs. While practicing my previously learnt strumming techniques, bass notes and riffs, I have also started to learn songs of my choice from the internet for my personal interest. Thus, I am planning my own activities by taking initiative for my own learning. Using internet sources such as YouTube have enabled easy access to and easy learning of many unknown helpful aspects through which I improved my sound quality. Thus, I became aware of many areas of improvements and possible amendments through instructional videos. I intend to continue my guitar sessions as such with minimum interruptions and accompany them with regular practice at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment