Sunday, December 4, 2011

"Action" - Badminton

I enjoyed playing badminton this weekend as it relieved me from the academic pressure! On both the days, I played against senior players as well as my peers who are on my level. Also, this weekend, I focused on improving my placement. The placement of shots in badminton is a very crucial element. It helps one to tire the opponent by making him run behind and follow the shuttle around the court. Also, this helps in forcing the opponent to hit wrong, simple, or weak shots. The placement can be implemented in all aspects of the sport, ranging from serving, to smashes, and to drops! To become good in placing the shuttle like a professional player, I will need to be alert at all times about the opponent's position on his court as well as his strong hand and area of reach.

This weekend, I was able to successfully develop and improve this skill. I feel that I am on track to accomplishing my goals for the first semester, i.e. becoming a strong badminton player who uses both strength as well as logic/tactics.

Below are a few photographs taken during a match played by me against my peer Vishnu.

My serving has improved.

Hitting a drop shot!

Hitting a diagonal drop shot and winning a point!

Smash!

It is important to know your opponents position before hitting a shot.

Playing against my opponents drop shot.

Making my opponent run by hitting an overhead clear, and easily winning a point!


Playing a low backhand shot.

Celebrating after defeating my opponent with a tricky drop shot!
I hope the upcoming badminton sessions are as active (or even more) than this weekends' sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment