Thursday, December 8, 2011

"Service" - Library Service

Today's library service session was really unique and joyous for me. In the beginning, I returned all the newly returned books to their designated shelves. This took about 20 minutes as many books had been borrowed out last week for the "book week". Next, I started to reorganize some of the most untidy and disorganized shelves with my partners Humza and Onkar. After 5 minutes, Skyllor, the activity leader, and Mrs. Raina Lockwood, the activity supervisor, had a meeting with us. They offered me and Humza the position of Library Service leaders for next year. As Onkar will be leaving in the beginning of next year, he will be our co-leader temporarily. We all humbly accepted the new role. I believe that this will be a challenge that will help me to develop new leadership skills. I will be able to organize and initiate activities, plan fundraisers in collaboration with others to engage in issues of global importance, and increase my awareness about my own strengths and areas of growth. I am really happy that I have been nominated for the role of a leader next year with my partner Humza. I will surely observe our leaders and absorb their leadership skills for the rest of the year.

Also, as next week's session will be the final one before the Christmas vacation, a pizza party will be organized collaboratively and the success of this semester's library service will be celebrated.


Reflection:

I believe that this semester has been really enjoyable and successful. I have been able to adhere to my CAS goals for the year, as well as the goals for this semester. I have developed new skills and learnt about the functioning of the library, taken part in fundraising events for charity, and also worked dedicatedly and collaboratively.

I am looking forward to attending the last session of the semester next week, and also continuing this activity in the next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment