Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Creativity" - Second 'double' Guitar class!

It was a fun class today! In the beginning of the class, I revised all the classical guitar melodies that I had practiced. I was able to play all of the tunes except for "Lambada" quite fluently. This was because "Lambada" had been given to me in last week's class and due to 4 exams this week, I was only able to practice once. Hence, I spent time playing this tune correctly. Also, as this tune requires knowledge about counting beats, the teacher taught me the way to count beats by identifying notes. Later, I learnt to identify musical notes without using numbers. Learning to understand the notes will require memorization and constant practice. Hence, I practiced and memorized a few of these notations and their proper counting. After that, I learnt the difference between the Upando and Tirando techniques for the classical guitar. It was interesting to learn that stressing on the strings in different manners creates different sounds.

After practicing guitar for one hour, I spent half an hour doing finger exercises with my peers. The I then practiced playing a song called "Unchained melody" using the chords given by the teacher. After practicing the song for 10 minutes, I spent the rest of the session practicing the songs that will be played in the next performance. We practice these songs in every class in preparation for a program that will be organized by our teacher; however, the date of this show has not been decided yet.

Reflection:

As this was the last class for this semester, I believe that there has been a large progress in my guitar skills. I started learning guitar from the base level about two months ago, and now I have completed the basics of guitar and am moving towards the moderate level. I have been able to tackle this challenge successfully. I adhered to my CAS goals of the year as well as the goals for the first semester, and I have been successful in achieving my goals. It has been an exciting semester for me and I really enjoyed developing new guitar skills

I am now looking forward to continuing guitar classes in January after a practice-filled vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment