Sunday, September 4, 2011

Creativity, Action, Service - GOAL SETTING

Creativity

The creativity section of the current CAS program will be the most challenging for me. This is because of the fact that the six subjects that I have chosen to pursue in the IB Diploma years do not involve any form of art. I feel that during this 1st IB year, I will learn a new musical instrument, a dream I have been unable to fulfill in the past years. The musical instrument I plan to learn is the Guitar. Other than this, I will also grasp some chances to voluntarily take part in theatrical and dance performances organized both inside and outside the school, a task I believe will enable me to move ahead in the artistic field of life. Overall, I will enjoy this sphere of CAS while increasing my involvement in various artistic fields. This program will enable me to undertake new challlenges which will help me to develop a new skill.

Action

I believe the action section of the CAS program is one which will challenge me, but also one which I would very joyously participate in. For action, I plan on enhancing my skills in a sport I enjoy the most, both for its physical and mental activeness requirement - Badminton. I will take part in the Badminton ASA (After-school activity) and continue my ongoing Saturday and Sunday involvement in practicing and improving my skills in the sport at the D.S. Senanayake College Sports Complex.

However, simultaneously I plan to attend weekly swimming sessions every weekend at the Thurstan College Swimming pool. This activity will help me to improve my stamina and also stay physically fit.

This will require both perseverance and commitment from me, and also will allow me me to increase my awareness of my own strengths and areas for growth.

Service

In the service section of the CAS program, I am planning to join a specific course and further working towards developing myself and learning from it. I have planned to attend Library Service for the two IB DP years. In the first year, I will learn from the leaders of this Service program and then myself be a leader in the same activity next year, i.e. the 2012-2013 session. This plan will require perseverance, dedication/commitment, as well as hard-work from my side.

MY GOALS FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER :)

Creativity -

I am going to start learning to play the instrument - Guitar. In this, I will:
  • Set-up a class programme which would be practical for me to follow (as I need to balance time between CAS and studies.)
  • Attend classes regularly once a tutor has been arranged.
  • Practice regularly.
  • Enjoy the learning process!

Action -

I am going to attend Badminton sessions at the D.S. Senanayake twice every weekend. This activity will help me to improve my stamina and challenge my body physically. I also want to become a better skilled badminton player who is aware about the different mental as well as game tactics of the sport. The timing for these badminton sessions will be:
  • Saturday - 7 am to 8 am
  • Sunday - 7 am to 9 am

In this plan, I will:

  • Attend class regularly.
  • Be punctual.
  • Take part actively.
  • Learn more and enjoy.
Also, I plan to attend hourly sessions at the Thurstan College Swimming Complex at least twice every month. This program will help me to improve my swimming (as currently I am a moderate swimmer) as well as achieve my goal, i.e to improve my physical fitness. I will always:

  • Attend sessions properly.
  • Be focused.
  • Participate actively.
  • Challenge myself physically.
  • Enjoy
Service -

My goals for the Library Service are:
  • Be punctual.
  • Be focused.
  • Participate actively.
  • Take up new tasks and challenges.
  • Learn and develop new skills.
  • Enjoy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment