Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Action" - Badminton!

This weekend was quite challenging for me. I attended both the sessions as regular this weekend and focused on improving my badminton skills while developing new techniques, taking inspiration from my peers and other players. While playing with other players and watching them play, I realised that I have a lot of scope for improvement. Some improvements I feel that I should make are increasing my stamina, enhancing my reflexes and also increasing my awareness about placement. 

Hence, I planned some activities that would help me to do so. These include playing competitive practice rallies before matches in order to have a proper warm-up and also to be more active during the matches. Overall, this weekend was fun as I took part in more singles matches than doubles. Below are some photographs of me (wearing the black shirt and green shorts) playing against my favourite opponents.

Good serves are very important in order to pressurize the opponent and win the match.

Me hitting a overhead clear shot.

I feel that my footwork is fairly good and it is a crucial element in the matches I win!

Hitting a corner-to-corner (diagonal) smash!

'Saving' a smash from my opponent by hitting a drop shot towards the other end of the net :)

Sometimes, one has to run in order to reach for a shot.

Responding to a low smash by my opponent.

Attempting to hit a backhand clear shot.

Responding to a diagonal smash with an overhead clear.

Reaching out to hit a drop shot.

Hitting a perfect serve that lands precisely in the corner of the opponents service area :)

Smash!

Playing a drop shot from the back end of my court - I love these shots!

Hitting an angled smash - a yet to perfect shot!

Finishing off a match against my opponent with a strong body attack smash!
I will continue these practice exercises in the forthcoming badminton session in order to get one step closer to my goal. Also, I will plan more practice excercises that I could do, such as service accuracy practice, in order to imporve my overall skills in the sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment