Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Action" - Swimming :D

I attended my first swimming session of this month today! It was quite a refreshing experience as well as a challenging one. As planned after my previous session, I decided to complete at least 15 sets of 30 metre lengths today in which I would start with freestyle and then return with an alternate stroke which would be either breastroke or backstroke. It was a really challenging task for me as I got tired after about 30-40 minutes only. Then, I took a short 5 minute break in which I attempted to float on the surface of the water by paddling with my legs and while also keeping both my hands above the water. After this, I continued swimming with a few short breaks and finally succeeded to accomplish my goal for the day. I felt that this session has helped me to learn that with practice I will be able to increase my number of laps without taking a break and also that I need to prolong my breathing durations by practicing underwater swimming. Overall, this was a fun session. 

Below are some photographs from today's swimming session :)

Me (in the center) doing freestyle swimming!

I spent some time practicing underwater swimming today! (I am in the third lane.)

Me (in the third lane) practicing breastroke.

I feel that breastroke is a soothing and relaxing swimming style.

Me doing freestyle swimming!
In the future swimming sessions, I will continue the same practice routine and slowly increase the number of laps with my improvement in order to accomplish my final goal, i.e. to steadily improve my stamina. I hope to attend my next swimming session soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment