Saturday, November 12, 2011

"Creativity" - Guitar

Guitar has become a new passion for me. In the one week only, I have become quite familiar with playing notes. I now know how to play the tune of "Love me tender" by heart at a speed comfortable for me, however, at this stage, I have not learnt to play it with chords. Presently, I feel that I need to practice regularly in order to improve and enhance my guitar skills. Here is a clip of me playing this tune:

A video of me playing my first newly learnt tune of a song called "Love me tender".
Duration : 46 seconds.

In class today, I continued my lessons on classical guitar. I practiced a tune called "Streets of Laredo". Its notations are shown below:

The musical notes for "Streets of Laredo".
After spending half of the session today practicing the new tune, I dedicated the remaining time to practicing playing chords, doing exercises to make the movement of fingers quick and fluent, and also attempting to play using different strumming techniques. I felt that today's class was quite motivating for me as at the end, I promised to myself that I will pursue guitar as a life-long hobby. For the next class, I will learn the tune called "Streets of Laredo", practice all the chords I have learnt, and also do the finger exercises in order to be able to enhance my guitar technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment