Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Action" - Badminton

This weekend, both the badminton sessions were really entertaining as well as action filled as I got the opportunity to play in doubles matches against more experienced players. I was able to use all the skills I developed by playing against my peers in the past and all the experience I had till now regarding placement and shot choice while playing these matches. Other than this, I was given some advice by my partner during matches which added to my skills. Also, I am now able to see a difference in my playing tactics as I am able to move around the court faster as well as play more a variety of tough shots confidently. However, I feel that I can still improve my reflexes and flexibility. These would help me to play against strong and quick smashes, while also enabling me to move my foot movement at a sophisticated level to reach for a shot.

Other than this, I also played against my peers this weekend. I enjoyed playing singles matches after a while as these matches help me to improve my placement tactics and shot choice. I also learnt from my peer Onkar that fake shots can be really useful too. Deception is a trick that one can use during the game, however, in accordance with the rules and regulations of the sport. The fakes and feints can be used while serving, smashing, receiving smashes, and all other aspects of the sport. These add both to the level of sophistication of the matches and enhance its quality, and also make the matches more physically active. Overall, this was a nice weekend regarding Action!

A few moments captured during the doubles matches I played this weekend:

Starting the match!

A center court smash!

Playing a quick backhand shot.

Reaching out for a smash!

Playing a clear shot.

SMASH!

Playing a drop shot!

Using rotational tactics in the doubles match.

Hitting a overhead clear shot from the corner of the court.

Successfully deceiving by hitting a drop shot instead of overhead clear.

Hitting a smash!

The service against more experienced players should be complex and different every time!

After winning a doubles match :)

I am now looking forward to a more action filled weekend next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment