Sunday, November 27, 2011

"Action" - Badminton

This weekend, I was only able to attend the Badminton session on Saturday. I was unable to attend the early morning session on Sunday due to exhaustion from the 'Battle of the Bands' programme in which I had worked with my Library Service team to raise funds to help Jaffna Public Library and after which I reached my home at around 1:00 p.m.

However, the Saturday session of Badminton was very nice. I enjoyed playing singles matches against my peer Onkar and my brother. I won all the matches today as I was able to use all my new knowledge and recent practice with more experienced players to trick as well as physically challenge my opponents. I feel that there is improvement in my Badminton technique and that I have been able to learn many new as well as important placement methods.

Some photographs taken during yesterday's badminton session:

Playing a backhand shot.

A stable position is necessary for receiving fast shots.

A down-court smash!

A body-attack smash!

Strategical serves played an important role in the matches I played.

Movement should be from the center of the court.
I enjoyed playing badminton this Saturday. I am looking forward to continuing my physical training next weekend too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment