Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Action" - Badminton

This weekend's badminton sessions were really entertaining for me because I played against the experienced and professional players on both the days! This experience not only helped me to be more physically active, however, it also provided me the chance to learn new tactics from them. In doubles matches, I was able to develop new skills by interacting with my partner, and also analysing different types of shots he played depending on the positioning of the two opponents. In singles matches, I learnt how to identify my opponent's weaknesses and assessing their fitness level by forcing them to move around the court. I feel that undertaking this new challenge has now given me a new chance to become aware of my own strengths while also assessing my areas for growth!

This proved to be a golden opportunity for me as from next week onwards I will be joining their group and playing with them in order to improve myself in the sport. Also, this weekend, I was able to play most of my favourite shots and even some of my own unorthodox shots which proved to be quite useful while playing against more experienced opponents. This weekend, I was able to successfully challenge all the players, and even defeat some of them in both singles and doubles matches.

Below are some photographs of me (wearing a black t-shirt) playing against the more experienced players :)

I was able to communicate well with my partner in the match.
Me reaching out for and receiving a short serve given by me opponent.
I used my serving experience in these matches to make sure that all the serves were different.
Hitting a successful diagonal body attack smash!
Responding to a smash hit by my opponent towards my knees.
I used my experience in order to judge whether the shots played by my opponents would land in my court or not!
It is important to return to the center of the court in singles matches in order to be able to receive the next shot.
Hitting a drop smash!
Hitting a diagonal drop shot to challenge my opponents.
Reaching out to hit a drop shot!
Instantaneously responding to a very strong smash!
Hitting a successful drop shot from the back of the court!
I am now looking forward to the next weekend as I will get to play tough and challenging matches against more experienced players!

No comments:

Post a Comment