Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Creativity" - Guitar

It was a fun guitar session today! In the beginning of the class, I played the tune of the song 'Streets of Laredo' which was given to me the previous weekend. I was able to play the tune quite fluently. Hence, my teacher gave me a new tune called 'Morning has broken'. I practiced playing this tune for approximately 20 minutes. My teacher has told me that I will be learning to play the classical guitar with chords from next class onwards as I have now been able to play classical guitar tunes by plucking quite fluently.

After this, I practiced playing different songs using chords and strumming techniques. This activity was intended to help me to both revise my chords as well as learn some new ones. I spent the rest of the guitar session doing strumming exercises that would help me strengthen my fingers. These exercises will help me to enhance and improve the sound quality while playing tunes and songs.

I am looking forward to gain new knowledge and learn more in the next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment