Saturday, November 26, 2011

"Creativity" -Guitar

It was an entertaining session today! The class began with strumming and chords practice. I learnt new strumming techniques which involved the 'finger roll' as well as pauses. I also learnt new chords today which I practiced by playing different songs with the class. After this, the teacher went into depth about the different types of cultural links of the instrument. While doing this, we enjoyed listening to our teacher play difficult Spanish Flamingo rhythms and Blues tunes. I also later learnt a few of these strumming techniques which require practice in order to become fluent.

Later, I spent 15 minutes of the session practicing classical guitar. I did not learn the chord progression playing technique for the classical guitar today. Instead of that, I practiced playing the tune of 'Morning has broken'. The teacher also taught us the proper technique of and posture for playing the classical guitar.

Towards the end of the class, we all spent time doing finger excercises. These excercises are important for getting the fingers fluent and strong. This would help for varying the volume of the tunes as well as the frequency/speed.

I am now looking forward to practicing during the week and then learning new strumming techniques for different cultural songs in the next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment