Sunday, November 27, 2011

"Service" - Fundraiser at the 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS'

An advertisement poster for the show!
The 'Battle of the Bands' and the purpose of the Library Service team to collect sufficient funds to help the Jaffna Public Library were both successful. I enjoyed the event as I was able to serve drinks to visitors during the show and at the same time interact with them. This enabled me to gain experience in serving drinks and hence developing a new skill. Also, I was able to collaborate with my team members during the programme, and hence, our group was well organized and systematic. In the end, our group was able to collect approximately Rs.12,000.

Overall, the fundraiser turned out to be quite successful. I feel that more fundraisers of such form should be organized in the future as they are helpful to the visitors who attend the show and as the funds are used for community service activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment