Saturday, November 5, 2011

"Creativity" - Guitar

It was my 5th guitar class today. I had spent a fair amount of time practicing this week (showing commitment to my activity and my goal). Hence, as we started to practice playing the songs for the next performance, I enjoyed the session very much. I learnt a few new chords today too. These were C7, D minor, D7, E7, A minor and A7. Today, I started to learn to play tunes using the Classical Guitar technique. This was a new skill I developed. Hence, I started learning to play music manuscripts with the help of the string number and fret number indicated beneath the notes. I played the ode called "Ode to Joy" written by the German poet, playwright and historian Friedrich Schiller in 1785 using the notations as shown below:

The notation of "Ode to Joy" from my manuscript notebook.

While teaching classical guitar technique, the teacher Mr. Netaji emphasized on the practice required to make the plucking fingers strong and the tune more fluent. Hence, the rest of the class session was spent practicing different techniques to make the thumb (called 'p'), the index finger (called 'i'), the middle finger (called 'm'), and the ring finger (called 'a') stronger, to make the tunes produced by each of them more melodious, and to make them faster.

For the next class, I will practice all the chords I have learnt till now. Additionally, I will also learn some new guitar chords which involve the use of 'i', 'm', and 'a' fingers. Also, I will continue to practice the music notes in order to become more fluent with them, while also doing all the recommended finger exercises taught by Mr. Netaji today.

No comments:

Post a Comment