Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Action" - Badminton

Badminton was very exciting for me on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I was able to play singles and doubles matches on both days and they were all full of action! 

In badminton this weekend, I used my badminton skills and knowledge in matches and played mini-tournaments (tri-series) with Onkar (my friend) and my brother (an intermediate player). I was able to win most of the matches I played. However, I did lose some matches too but while still gave my opponents a good fight till the end. My strengths were playing shots of any variety (both orthodox and unorthodox). However, I found out that I needed to work on my consistency in playing strong shots. I will be able to do this by increasing my stamina, which will require consistent practice. The following are some photos of me playing against my opponents:
  
Physical fitness in the form of agility, reflexes and stamina is crucial for playing good badminton.

Serving requires a balance of technique and placement which is a result of mind-body coordination.

Playing a drop shot.

Backhand shot is as important as every forehand shot in badminton.

One should be able to 'read' a serve or shot and predict whether it will land in the correct area or not!

The 'scorpion posture' helps one to changeover from one shot to another quickly.

Playing a backhand clear shot.

Smashes are my favourite element in a match other than drop shots.

To be a successful player, one should be able to use placement in such a way that the opponent has to run in order to hit the shuttle.

The drop shots should be executed cleverly so that the opponent does not take advantage of the player's position.
Badminton was fun this weekend. I will learn from my weaknesses so that I play better next weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment