Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Action" - Badminton

Badminton was very exciting this weekend. I attended both the sessions at the regular time at the D.S. Senanayake Sports Complex. The sessions this weekend were fun because I got to play against some of the experienced players in both singles and doubles match-ups! I was able to play well this weekend, however, I realised that I needed to practice playing doubles matches more often to improve my communication. Below are some photographs of me playing badminton this weekend:

Footwork is a very crucial element in Badminton as the player has to ensure that his/her own area is within reach.
 
I have been able to improve and maintain my service at a good level for a long time.
 
Badminton is a physically demanding sport!

I love to form my own unorthodox shots. Here, I am playing a low backhand shot in response to a smash.
 
Both physical and mental balance are required to be a master in badminton.
 
A communication lapse between me and my partner (Onkar). We lost this point due to a double hit!

I enjoy playing doubles matches as it is more challenging for me.
 
Reaching out and preparing to hit a smash.

No comments:

Post a Comment