Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Action" - Lets go swimming :)

I attented a swimming session today morning. This was my second swimming session this month linked to my "Action - Swimming" goals. Adhering to my aim for this session (which I had planned after the swimming session on 17th October, 2011), today I practiced all the swimming styles I knew, i.e. freestyle, breastroke, sidestroke, and backstroke. I swam in alternate styles. However, I did take a few breaks in between. In between, I challenged myself quite a few times by swimming even though my body was tired. From this experience, I increased my awareness about my own strengths and areas of growth. I learnt that my body had now adjusted with this activity, however, the main goal of enhancing my stamina would require lots of practice.

I feel that I have been quite dedicated about fulfilling my CAS goals this quarter. However, I believe that fulfilling my goals is only the beginning. I will only be able to declare this activity successful on the basis of its results, i.e. my physical fitness at the end of each session. Hence, my aim is to keep fulfilling my CAS goals while also keeping in mind the main purpose of this activity, i.e. to raise my stamina and fitness level. In order to enhance my stamina, from the next session onwards I will decide the number of laps to be done in the session, and swim with focus to fulfill the challenge.

Below are a few photos from the swimming session today:



I find breastroke to be a really soothing as well as relaxed swimming style.

While swimming, breathing in a proper manner is very crucial :)

Swimming requires one to be physically fit.

Freestyle swimming will help me increase my stamina!
Swimming can be fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment