Sunday, October 9, 2011

"Action" - Badminton

This weekend offered a limited amount of time for me to participate in my regular action. Due to the local elections, the D.S. Senanayake College was closed this weekend. Hence, there was no badminton on Saturday. However, this did not stop all of us from playing badminton today as we arranged a one hour session at the Royal College sports complex. This way, I collaboratively worked with others in order to plan and initiate an activity. Also, by organizing the badminton session at another location and taking part in it, I feel that I have shown perseverance and commitment to this activity.

I decided to dedicate today's session to practicing all the shots I knew. I felt that I needed to practice my shots and improve them instead of playing matches as the basics are very crucial in order to succeed in any activity. The following photos and video show some shots I practiced:


 
A video of me practicing a variety of shots!

Preparing to hit a smash!

Practicing different serves!

Playing unorthodox shots is a very crucial part of my badminton style!

The serves need to be performed in accordance with the rules.

Reaching out successfully for a drop shot.

One needs to be alert in the course of a match!

A smash requires good body and mind coordination!

Stretching out and playing a drop shot!

Reaching out to play a drop-shot!

Diving to hit a hard-to-reach drop shot!

Playing a backhand shot!
I feel that I was able to utilize the time given to me today very appropriately. The next weekend's badminton sessions will be organized in the D.S. Senanayake Sports Complex again. Hence, I will be able to continue the sessions in a regular manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment