Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Service" - Library Service :)

It was a regular session at the SLRC today. I came early and arranged all the newly returned non-fiction books myself. After this, I used my mother tongue knowledge to create transcripts for the many Hindi books in the SLRC. This activity led to the end of the service session today! The time passed very quickly as I wrote the transcripts. However, towards the end, I was a part of a small discussion about the fundraiser. We planned to have a meeting in the next session about arranging the fundraiser movie event the week before or during the "book week". I am looking forward to the "book week" as it is the most significant time period in the year which focuses on the importance of books (from literature to fiction, non-fiction to biographies, comics to dictionaries) in one's life (especially a student's schooling years). Also, as this is the last Library Service session for the first quarter and also the last service time before the October break, I am really satisfied with my progress in Service!

No comments:

Post a Comment