Sunday, October 30, 2011

"Action" - Badminton

Badminton was quite different this weekend. I was only able to attend the one hour session on Saturday (i.e. 29th October 2011). Due to fever and exhaustion from the guitar program last night, I was unable to attend the Sunday morning session (i.e. today morning). However, I was able to do quite a lot of action on Saturday as I played only single matches against my brother for the whole session. I played continuously for the whole hour without any breaks and won most of the matches. Again yesterday, I realised that I needed to continue building and improving my stamina. I felt that there is some improvement in it since the beginning, however, there is still a large margin for improvement. Other than this, I believe that I have improved the implementation of all my shots, and on average my shots are quite good now. However, I now need to improve and emphasise on the most challenging and crucial skills of this sport, i.e. placement and strength in shots. I feel that since the beginning of the program, I have increased my awareness about my own strengths and areas of growth and due to this, I have developed new skills and improved previously known skills. I feel that if I continue to take part in these regular sessions, I will be able to raise my physical boundaries largely by the end of the first semester. Below are a few photographs from the badminton session yesterday morning:
 
Preparing for a smash!
 
Playing a light shot towards the net.
 
Playing one of my favourite backhand drop shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment