Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Creativity" - Guitar performance!

It was a very exciting day for me today! There was no guitar class from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. as my guitar teacher had planned a 2 hour guitar program in which all his students were participating (a total of 31 different songs were performed tonight!). The program named "Guitar Rhapsody" started at 7:00 p.m. in the Russian Cultural Centre Auditorium. However, there was a 2 hour practice before the start of the show. In the two hours, I practiced the chords and tuned the guitar that I will use. I enjoyed being part of the show as it enabled me to gain confidence while performing in front of a quite large audience. I performed "My Girl" by the Temptations and "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton with my class group. Hence, I developed a new skill by undertaking a new challenge. During the performance under the guidance of Mr. Netaji (my teacher), I was able to change the chords quite well (I have improved since the beginning), even though I did miss a few of the transitions which were to be done at a fairly fast rate. However, I believe that with practice I will be able to improve and enhance these skills, and by the end of the semester become quite familiar with the transitions between the first 10-15 chords I have learnt.

A photograph of me (seated first from the left side) and my class group performing!

  
A video of me (seated first from the left side) and my class group performing "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. 
Duration : 4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment