Saturday, October 15, 2011

"Creativity" - Guitar

I attended the guitar class today at the regular timing, i.e. from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. In the class today, I started by practicing playing the different chords. Then, I understood the concept of using numbers to play tunes. I learnt this notation as it was the first step towards learning to read the musical notation for guitarists. After this, I spent the remaining 30-40 minutes doing finger exercises. These finger exercises are given extra emphasis by my teacher as these are really important for one to be able to play confidently with perfectness. The finger exercises require one to focus completely on using all the fingers and to strengthen them in order to get the desired tune at a desired volume. At the end of the class, my homework was to keep practicing the chords and to learn the new chords such as D, A minor, A7 and B7. Also, I will be practicing to play the song "It came out of the sky" by Creedence Clearwater Revival this week using the chords given to me by my teacher. Hence, I hope that the practice I do this week will help me improve in playing the guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment