Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Action" - Badminton

Last weekend (24th and 25th September, 2011) and this weekend (1st and 2nd October, 2011) were both action packed sessions for me. I played numerous matches, both singles and doubles, some against more experienced players and some against players at the same level as me! I enjoyed all these matches as they helped me to challenge myself both physically as well as mentally (I had to make sure that I was not being  over-powered on the mental level - I used placement techniques, a few successful "fake" shots to stay mentally active). I enjoyed these sessions also due to the fact that I had been able to successfully play "dive" shots. This was a new challenge I undertook. I created my own type of shot which requires one to dive on the knee-level height to receive a perfected drop shot played by the opponent when one is away from the net (otherwise impossible to be played due to limited reach).
 
Smash!

Working as a team is a crucial part of Badminton!

Another SMASH!

Me receiving a overhead shot.

Badminton does make me sweat!!!

Overhead smash is one of my favourite, and also yet to perfect shots!
I look forward to play similarly in the future too. I also wish to initiate an interesting tournament amongst the regular players (with their collaboration) at the D.S. Senanayake Sports Complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment